Friday, September 5, 2008

My First Blog

Well, this is exciting, isn't it? You get to read all my innermost thoughts! HA, not quite. I've been pondering for most of the day about what to put in this first post. Should I put my annoyance with drivers who have a turn lane, but still insist on using only half of it while keeping their arse ends sticking out in my lane? My constant amusement with the Utah poof I see on girl's heads every year in school? Eh, I don't know. I'm sure I may put something up about each of those yet.

What I know this will not become, is a place for me to vent my frustrations about the other "fairer" sex. I could go on all day about this. I'm just going to do a blanket statement, which should cover quite a bit of my frustrations with them for all time. The ones who say they love me but don't do anything about it. The ones who have my attention, know that they have it, but don't return phone calls, texts, or whatnot thereby leaving me hanging. The ones who say they want me, then don't, then do, then don't. The ones who get offended too easily. The ones who don't realize that I'M A GUY, I DON"T THINK THE SAME WAY YOU DO! The ones who say they only want something, but then want something totally different. I know there are more out there, but sadly that's all my brain can think of right now. This is legal notice that you all hereby pretty much annoy, frustrate, or otherwise cause undo stress in my life, and i'm sick of it. If i didn't like you all so much as a gender, I'd get a restraining order. Now I don't mean to say that I won't mention girls in my posts, seeing as how they are roughly half the world's population, they're bound to interact with me during the course of the day. Such as the girl in my Intro to Islam class who shoved her (nice) butt in my face and told me that she was horrified to find that she had put those jeans in the dryer, which was why they were so tight. I thought it was just because she wanted to shove her rear in my face. Either way, I didn't mind terribly, but I wondered if she somehow thought I could understand pulling out shrunken jean from a dryer. I don't think I've ever noticed anything other than expensive sweaters shrinking when I put them in the dryer.... moooving on.

Yes, that's a good idea of what this blog will probably be like. I've decided recently that there are things which sometimes keep me up to all hours of the night, and it'd be best if I wrote something down instead of laying awake thinking about them. Oh yes, and about the name of my blog, The Black Rock. It's not some stupid reference to something off of the tv show LOST as undoubtedly at least one of you was thinking. It actually hit me today while walking to class, it's a song by OAR, and it's quite fitting for a blog. I'd like to get it and put it on here if I could, maybe a friend who has music on their blog will help me... hint hint...

Well, that should do it for today, between this and facebook, I'll probably fail my classes yet again. Hope you all come back everyonce in a while, and maybe this will be updated. If you come back tomorrow looking for more, you're fooling yourself. If you want to know what's going on in my life right then, just text me. I realize I spent most of my time writing about what I won't be writing about, but maybe that'll free me up to write about other, more important stuff. Heck, I might even come back and add to that list of things I won't write about. Ok, I've got like 200 more pages of reading to do before Monday, and I won't have any time this weekend, so I'll catch you all later.

4 comments:

Amy Nelson said...

Nice blanket statement. ;) Oh, and BYU will kill UW tomorrow. Good luck with all your homework!

Sassmaster said...

Welcome to blogging! I enjoyed reading what you wrote about what you're not going to write about. :)
If you want music, visit my blog and click on the "Create your own playlist" button on my playlist. It doesn't always have all the songs you're looking for, but you could try it.
P.S. I love you! But I might change my mind tomorrow... Why can't you understand that? ;)

eclaires said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, your newest favorite distraction! :) Good to have you here.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jefe...

The girl in tight jeans story is the only reson I'm leaving this comment.