Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baby it's cold outside!

So, let me just update you real quick about what's happening in my world of sports. Currently, my Utes are sitting atop of the Mountain West Conference with a perfect 10-0 record. byu (notice I still don't capitalize them, even at the start of a sentence) lost to TCU on my birthday, and Utah beat TCU last Thursday 13-10. No, we're not a perfect team, but we do have a perfect record. What now? Real Salt Lake, my soccer team, beyond anyone's wildest dreams, has advanced to the Western Conference Finals! This game is going to happen on Saturday, and I won't be able to go because I'll be at drill with the Army this weekend. Aside from how exactly we got there, I'm confused about how we're the only team left from the Western Conference in the whole playoffs, yet we're still not the Western Conference Champs. The team we're playing, New York Red Bulls (how's that for blatant advertising) is in the Eastern Conference. Either way, we still need to beat them so we can make it to the MLS Cup game. Alabama is still the #1 team in the Nation, Auburn sucks, though it's up in the air who I hate more, Auburn, or byu. It'll probably change the closer I get to either school.

That'll do for sports for now. Once more, I'm sitting at work, bored out of my mind, and trying not to spend money I have, but don't need to be spending. I kinda went on a kick and bought a new board, boots and bindings for the upcoming snowboarding season. I'm really trying hard not to buy a new jacket too. I do have some justification for buying all of this, my other board, boots and bindings are kinda old, and at least my boots and board are falling apart on me. I'm not sure how I'm going to retire my old board. I know I'll have problems parting with it since it's my first real board. Broke my collar bone on it, took my first jump on it, been through several concussions... Good memories. I'm way excited for the SNOW that's been falling lately, even if down in the valley it's more rain than anything. As long as the mountains are getting slammed, I don't care.
And finally, I have been SICK SICK SICK. It's not the puking my guts up type, because that would be too quick, but it's been the stuffy nose, sore throat, achy body and total loss of constructive thought type. The type that makes you want to crawl into the fetal position and cry for Mom. I'm on the upswing, or at least I thought I was. I felt like I have been for the past three days. As I write about getting better I can feel my stomach twisting, holding onto this flu or virus or plague like I'm going to hold onto my snowboard. I've been really lucky though to have some friends who have brought me dinner when I ran out of food and was too weak to go get some from the store. And Jason... well we'll just say that he's sick now too. Serves him right for not taking better care of me. I tried going to school on Monday, and then work on Tuesday, and lasted only a few hours at each. I have to play Army this weekend, and we're going to spending Friday, Saturday and Sunday out in the middle of nowhere, it's going to be cold and windy. I just hope I can get healthy enough so I don't get worse this weekend. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

eclaires said...

I hope you're feeling better and don't get beaten down too much this weekend!

Anonymous said...

stop buying stuff!!!!