Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quick update

So last night I went with my brother Sam to pick up our other brother Caleb who was flying in from Florida to visit his wife and kids in Boise. I haven't seen Caleb in several years, so it was really nice to get to see him again. He didn't get in till after 11 pm, and I didn't get to bed till almost 1am, with having to wake up at 5am this morning, I'm barely functioning. Later this morning I'm headed to the most hated place to drop my friend Derrick off at the MTC. He's going to Toulouse, France. It's going to be funny, he's got a Southern accent being from Arkansas, and he's going to learn French... I hope they treat him nice. I have no love of the french. I'm still of the opinion that we should have invaded Baghdad by way of Paris.
Went down on Sunday to eat dinner with the married sister who lives in the most hated place, go figure her street address is 666 Center Street (you can't get much worse being in the center of that town with that street number). I had a great time, though I feel kinda guilty about eating their food. She did quite well preparing a meal, and i enjoyed it. I miss spending time with my family.
I'm doing ok, still adjusting to being single and the knowledge that I'm headed for Iraq soon. There's quite a few decisions to be made that I had never thought of before. Where to store my stuff for that year, do I sell my truck, keep it up in Idaho, or lease it to a friend? What to do with my finances, do I invest, if so how much, how much do I spend before on stuff I know I'll need? Where am I going to live when I get home? If I do sell my truck, I'm planning on crashing at my sister's house in the most hated place and stealing their car for a few days while I find a new vehicle and place to live. They don't know that yet though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While the crashing at my place thing is news to me it is acceptable. Also don't feel guilty about the food, it's the fee I pay for getting you down here to hang out with me. I love you!