Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh yeah...

I did forget to mention that while I was sitting there listening to the people talk about missions and what not, I did think about how grateful I was for everyone in my life who has gone on a mission. I have been so blessed by my friends and loved ones who have served, and even though I wasn't related to them in any way, I know that my life was enriched by their service. Both while they were on their missions, and afterwords from the example they provided and the wisdom they gained and shared. So I'm very pro-mission, and am looking forward quite a bit to the day I can take my wife (when I get one of those, I wonder what the policy is on single old dudes going), and serve a mission. I do know that someday, I will be able to serve the Lord in a capacity that I will at least be able to feel good about myself while I'm doing it.

No comments: