Thursday, October 7, 2010

Time for an update....

I suppose it's time I updated the blog and give you a bit of a rundown of what I've been up to. Not a whole lot, other than starting school back up and getting married. Those two things have taken up a rather large chunk of my time. I enjoy being married, it's quite different living your life with someone else who is not just a roommate. I married D, the love of my life from previous blog posts. It blows my mind sometimes to think that I'm now part of a unit! I have a family of my own! It's pretty small, and it likely won't grow till I'm out of school, but it's cool. We have Family Home Evenings, which really aren't too complex, we do other family things, like attend a family ward in church. That was a huge adjustment. Last night we had members of the Bishopric over for a kind of "get to know you" thing. It was weird in a way. We're not just visiting the ward with the Grandmas and the screaming babies. We belong to it. D and I are pretty sure we're going to get called to teach the Primary or end up with the Young Men/Young Women program. I'll likely get into the Scouting program, which would be kind of cool.

I've switched my major to History, since for me that's the fastest way out of college. I ought to graduate in Dec '11, and then I'll look at getting my Masters, or just go straight into the job field. Poor D thought she was finished with school, but she's pretty much back in it, tutoring me in my Math and Spanish classes. It took a second for her to realize that the anger and frustration I was showing during Math wasn't focused or about her, but just the fact that I HATE MATH. She enjoys the Spanish (I hope) since it gives her a chance to practice her skills and stay on top of the language. We're slowly getting into a groove of life, how to work together, fix schedules together (for instance I'm no longer late because I have to get used to someone else using the bathroom/shower/sink) and relax together. It's a work, but it's a process which we both enjoy quite a bit.

3 comments:

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

Welcome to married life.

Family wards are fun, once you get over the differences.

eclaires said...

:) Happy days for you. I'm glad things seem to be going well, adjustments and all! Love the blogging. :)

Anonymous said...

glad you found a major