Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My salsa woes

        I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to remember what types of salsa are hotter than others. I'm not talking about your fancy salsas that don't offer any suggestion about what their temperature is, I'm taking the ones with labels. I have "hot" down, that's the one I'd probably like but nobody else in the house will eat. My issues come from medium and mild. As I type this I realize that medium is the middle, but when I'm at a store, or in line ordering, that part of my brain is taking a walk. Luckily I'm mostly with Diana when I'm faced with those situations, so I just ask her which type I like. I'm sure in her head she's thinking she didn't sign up to marry a guy who would develop a memory disease this early in the game.
 
         I bring this up because today I was grocery shopping and I was craving some salsa. I decided to go for some local brand type stuff, Here's where I got confused: The hot salsa had red lettering and coloring, the mild had yellow and the medium had green. Wouldn't you be confused if you were going off of the description of the bottle? In the back of my head I was thinking I wanted medium, I even had it in my hand for a minute. But then logic took over, "they wouldn't put yellow labeling on the weak stuff and green labeling on the good stuff" I thought. Confident that I had finally gotten it right, I walked out of the store, purchases in hand.

            As I sit here writing this, eating the tamest salsa I've ever had (pretty sure I've had ketchup with  more kick) , I'm trying to burn this experience into my brain so that this will never happen again. But then, if I can't even remember something as simple as this, what else could I get away with forgetting?

2 comments:

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

Just think of it like a stoplight with red on top, yellow in the middle and green on the bottom.

That one guy... said...

Well that's what I was thinking, except the medium had green and the mild had yellow, which was why I went with the mild! It was so confusing!