Sunday, June 21, 2009

Even MORE vacations!

Ok, I promise, this is going to be my last vacation in a long time! Unless you count my all expenses paid trip to a certain cradle of civilization country that some of my friends refer to as me going on vacation. How's that for denial?
At this point, I'm a little more than halfway through this vacation. Last week after being beaten shamelessly in a game of Settlers (even though I was totally justified in losing, they had to change the game AND the rules just to have a chance at beating me) I decided I needed a pick me up. Where else do I go? That's right, to visit my best friend Jason in San Diego. He always makes me feel better. At this very moment, I'm watching him sleep uncomfortably on a love seat, last night's bowl of ice cream sitting next to him. I took his bed, heck, just doing that makes me feel better! Dang he woke up. But yes, I'm halfway through this vacation. I had a pretty boring week, didn't do ANY of the things that I had set out to do, and decided that I needed to come visit him, if only to justify my procrastination a little bit more.
Yesterday we went to Sea World, with him complaining about my selection of parks. With all the parks that were around, why did I have to chose Sea World! It was like picking McDonalds when there's a dozen fancy places around. Well to be honest I didn't know there were any other parks around, and Sea World came highly recommended. I sat listening to him complain about it all the way to the park, but once we got in the park, oooh guess what! Sea World was his favorite park when he was 9, and he was excited to be going again. Such a baby underneath that rough, tough, grouchy, depressing exterior. I love this kid. But of course it was raining most of the day, clearing up later. I really enjoyed most of the exhibits, though I got the feeling that at my age, unless I'm coming with a couple toddlers, it's not really geared for my enjoyment. I think I'm in between their target demographics which are little kids, and parents of little kids who have the money.
But today being Sunday I think we're going to take it a bit slower and just relax, go to the beach and walk around. Crazy to think that just a week ago I was sitting on the East coast, and now I'm on the West coast. It's going to be a good day, and I'm looking forward to spending time with my best friend till my flight leaves. I should probably find someone to pick me up from the airport huh? Anyone want to come get me at midnight?

No comments: