Sunday, June 7, 2009

Talking

I'm in Virginia right now, and I'm slightly frustrated. I want to talk to people, to someone, anyone. I can call, text or email people, but I miss the human interaction that all that lacks. I rely so much on my relationships with people to keep me sane, and I feel that I'm slowly being pulled away from everyone. And when I go to Iraq, I'll be forced to forge new human interactions with the people I'm there with. While I'm gone, I worry about those I leave behind, and how the lack of interaction will affect our relationships. I know that deep down we'll all be friends, and that people change whether I'm there to experience it or not, but still that weighs on me more than anything else I face while I'm over there. I'm sure that I'll make friends while I'm over there, but I'd say that 90% of the interaction I'll have will be the leader/subordinate type.
Eh, I'll be home in less than a week and I'll get to see most of my people. I'll try to spend as much quality time with them as possible.