Saturday, July 11, 2009

Texas

I’ve been in Texas for about three days now, and I think in those three days I’ve produced more sweat than I did the whole time I lived in Utah. And the thing is, it’s only going to get worse! Good thing I like the heat. We haven’t done a whole lot it seems, just going through some stations that make sure our paperwork and medical issues are ok. Everybody has to go through and get shots, have their hearing checked, make sure we all have wills etc. Since I’ve already been over once I don’t have to get most of the shots thankfully, only the anthrax vaccine. I really like my section quite a bit, they’re a group of good guys. They’re pretty young but they’re enthusiastic and eager to please. I’m looking forward to working with them. When they split us up into two teams within the section I’ll be glad to work with my team, but sad that I won’t get to work as closely with the other half. I still miss my friends back home quite a bit. So far this just feels like another training instead of the start of something bigger. It hasn’t quite hit me that I’ll be leaving for a year yet. I know that to some of my friends back home it hasn’t quite hit them either. I said goodbye to one of my friends and she juts acted like she was going to see me the next day or something. I kinda expected a bit more of a reaction considering the weight of the moment, but after I left it hit her harder. I’ll be looking into getting Skype and seeing how all that works. I live in an open bay with about 30 other Officers so privacy isn’t a huge part of our lives and I don’t want everyone listening into my conversations. Still no word on when we’re heading overseas. Well we do have a guesstimate but I can’t publish it on here, so if you want to know you can still text me. My brother is down here in the same town that I am, and it’s his birthday today. I don’t have anything going on today so I’m going to try to see if I can’t get him to come visit me on post and bring his family. I really want to see my niece and sister in law. And him too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Jeff. Take pictures of Alexis for me.

Amber Lynae said...

That is great that you get to be there for your bro's b-day. And I am sur eyou little niece is going to enjoy seeing you.

eclaires said...

I hate the heat. You like it... wow. :)